CHILD FIND PROJECT
CHILD FIND NOTICE
If your family resides in the Richard City Special School District and you suspect that your child (age’s birth to 22) may have a disability, contact the Principal or Supervisor of Special Education at Richard Hardy Memorial School at 423-837-7282. Richard City Special School District offers evaluations for individual’s age 3-22 who may be in need of special education and/or related services. These evaluations are provided at no cost to parents who reside in the district. Children ages birth to 3 are referred to Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS) for evaluation.
Also contact the principal about:
- Students enrolled in private schools,
- Home schooled students,
- Children enrolled in private child-care or pre-schools,
- Children enrolled in Head Start,
- Transient or homeless students,
- State custody students,
- Students who are in hospital or other institutional settings.
- School-age child-find services operate during the school year.
- Child-find for younger children operates year round.
This notice is provided in accordance with the requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and Chapter 0520-01-09, Special Education Programs and Services, Tennessee State Department of Education.
This notice is provided in accordance with the requirements of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act and Chapter 0520-01-09, Special Education Programs and Services, Tennessee State Department of Education. For more information, please the Click Here! This site offers information and resources related to the earliest possible identification of young children and their families who may benefit from early intervention or education services.