Click for details on Tests administered at Richard Hardy Memorial Schools
ACT registration deadlines and test dates
Richard Hardy Memorial | 2018-2019 CALENDAR
Richard Hardy Memorial | 2019-2020 CALENDAR
- Local Assessments:
- STAR Early Literacy 4 times per year for K – 1st grade (computer based) - End of Nine Weeks
- STAR Reading in May for all 1st graders (computer based) - End of Nine Weeks
- STAR Reading August and May for 2nd – 8th grade (computer based) - End of Nine Weeks
- State Assessments (Required)
- Dates are April 16-18 & 22-25, 2019
- This is for Grades 3-8 TCAP & HS EOC tests
- RTI Assessments (Required)
- Universal Screener chosen by each LEA (we use Aimsweb) must be administered 3 times per year to all K–8th graders to benchmark specific skills in reading and math. Assessments are dependent on grade of student and time of year administered. There are 2 math assessments for grades 2–8. One is 8 minutes and the other is 10 minutes. Both are administered on paper. The reading assessments for grades 2–8 consist of three read-alouds at 1 minute each and one paper multiple choice assessments for 3 minutes.
- Progress Monitoring chosen by each LEA (we use Aimsweb) must be administered at least every other week to students in Tier 2 or Tier 3 (Reading and Math). These have the same format and time limits as the benchmarks.
- RTI Assessments are administered in August, January and May
- Standards Benchmarking
- These assessments are not “required” but are needed to gauge students’ mastery of state reading language arts and math standards. Teachers use these results to know which students need re-teaching of specific standards to target their instruction and make it more purposeful and effective. This benefits students in that they receive small group instruction on specific standards they may not have mastered when previously taught. It also exposes students to the wording and format of standardized assessments so they are better prepared for the end of year state assessments such as TCAP Achievement.
- Last year, most teachers administered 3 – 4 TCAP Practice Assessments between December and April. We will continue to do this again this year. Also, grades 3 – 11 will be assessed with the Regional (reading language arts and math) Assessments that were created by 12 of the 13 school districts in the Southeastern region in consultation with the (State’s) CORE office. These will be computer based. However, some items (such as written responses) will have to be scored by the classroom teacher. State staff at the CORE office will have access to these results and be available to assist districts.
- Assessments are scheduled to occur at the end of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd nine week grading periods.
- The fourth assessment will probably occur sometime in April or May.