STANDARDS OF DRESS AND APPEARANCE
Students will be required to show proper attention to personal cleanliness plus suitable clothing and appearance for school activities. In every case, the dress and grooming of the student should be clean and shall not cause disruption or disturbance in any school activity or interfere with the participation of the student in a school related activity. Further, all clothes and shoes must be judged on their safety and suitability for school activities. Any questionable dress code violation will be referred to the principal.
Examples of clothing that are unacceptable. The following are examples but are not the complete list.
- Anything with offensive, INSULTING or off-colored language or pictures.
- Any band shirts with questionable or scary symbols (e.g., blood, murder, torture, etc.) or leads to morbid or threatening thoughts about death or suicide are banned.
- Tobacco, drugs and alcohol cannot be advertised by students on clothing or accessories.
- Muscle shirts and spaghetti strap tank tops are not acceptable. Tank tops must be at least 2-3 fingers tips wide on the shoulders.
- Low cut shirts that expose or show cleavage, either standing or bending, or shirts that show stomach when arms are raised.
- Shirts that reveal under garments or clothing made of see-thru material including mesh or extremely thin cloth.
- Jeans, pants or shirts with holes are not allowed.
- Shorts/skirts/skorts that are not well below the fingertips including the slits in shorts/skirts/skorts also.
- Leggings may be worn ONLY if the shirt covers the student’s bottom
- Pants or shorts with writing across the student’s bottom.
- Pants shall be properly fitting – to maintain the appropriate length and fit, belts will be provided if necessary to correct any problems. No baggy pants or shorts, no exposure of undergarments.
- Bondage straps on pants or shorts
- Sweatshirts with hoods on head.
- Sunglasses, head rags, hats and bandanas in the building.
- Heavy chains, studded bracelets, or any jewelry which can be used as a weapon.
- No Heelys (shoes with wheels in them)
- Blankets are not articles of clothing and should not be brought to school.
- Pajamas and house shoes.
- All students must bring tennis shoes on PE days.
Dress Code Violation Procedures
- 1st First offense: Call home for change of clothes. If clothes cannot be provided student will spend the day in ISS.
- 2nd Second offense: Call home for change of clothes. Student will receive will receive 2 days of ISS.
- 3rd Third offense: Out-of-School Suspension with parent conference.