Family Involvement Plan
RICHARD HARDY MEMORIAL SCHOOL FAMILY INVOLVEMENT PLAN
Goal Statement: To encourage and maintain effective relationships between school, parents/guardians and community.
Objective 1: Provide timely communications concerning school curriculum, assessments, and events.
- A system-wide calendar is distributed at the beginning of each school year within the parent handbook.
- A website for our school system is regularly maintained with postings of the school calendar and links to the school website.
- School-wide monthly newspaper is sent home to all parents to provide information about upcoming events and an overview of school activities.
- A student/parent handbook is provided to outline school procedures, discipline policies, dress–code, and other pertinent information.
- Convene parent/teacher conferences to inform and present parents an opportunity to have input in academic progress.
- The school sign outside will provide announcements of events.
- Notes will be sent home, or phone calls made to address specific student’s needs or school activities.
- Teachers will initiate ongoing communications with parents.
Objective 2: Promote family and community participation in school activities.
- Volunteers will be solicited for school needs.
- An orientation will be held to educate volunteers about policies and procedures of the school.
- Notes and phone calls to solicit help will be made.
- Volunteers are given an application to fill out and guidelines to follow.
- Volunteers sign-in upon arrival to the school so that their participation can be monitored.
- Parents/Guardians are invited to assist in school activities such as field trips, in-class projects, at home projects, etc.
Objective 3: Provide curriculum-based activities to be utilized at home to enable and encourage parents to participate in their child’s education.
- Distribute information that provides parents advice on educating children.
- Encourage home reading by sending books for parents and students to read together.
- Family Reading Nights will be held 2 times a year.
- Teachers may provide for projects and activities to be shared and /or instructed at home.
- Parents workshops are offered to give parents tools for helping the child.
Objective 4: Provide parents opportunities to give input concerning school needs and goals.
- A committee of faculty, parents and students will be appointed to review the school compact.
- The compact will serve as an agreement between school, parents, and students to take certain responsibilities.
- Yearly surveys will be completed by parents.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the school at any time to schedule a conference with a staff member.
- Encourage parents to observe in child’s classroom.
Objective 5: Coordinate community services with students needs.
- The school counselor will work with students according to their needs.
- The Lion’s Club will do vision screening each year.
- We will work with the Lion’s Club on a food drive for community.
Evaluation: Evaluation will be based can completion of activities listed in the Action Plan. Parent’s surveys will be used to determine the effectiveness of the Parent Involvement Plan.